To ensure supervisors' success, these employees will need new tools and skills to succeed as a leader within your organization. In this six-month, intensive course led by Purdue MEP experts, participants will learn and practice key skills every supervisor needs. Each session introduces new topics with an emphasis on how to apply these skills in the workplace. The course facilitator will also provide a forum for participant discussion of impact and results. Each participant will select a project to complete in the workplace with assistance from course instructors; depending upon the project, the course may pay for itself. The ultimate goal of this course is to provide new supervisors with the essential tools and knowledge to succeed in a leadership role. This program was developed in conjunction with our Manufacturing Board of Advisors.
- Meets one day every three weeks for six months (9 total sessions)
- Eight days of classroom instruction
- Each participant is required to complete a project
- One classroom day for project presentations
- Daily format -
- Discussion of how you applied what was learned in the last session
- Presentation of new material
- Planning for implementation of new skills
- Recommended for new supervisors and existing supervisors who want to improve their leadership skills.
Purdue University MEP
Leadership, Change Leaders, 1st Level Supervisor
Method of Delivery
Face to Face