Conflict is a common problem in any organization that has people. Often, leaders are uncomfortable dealing with conflict because they do not have a process that keeps emotions under control. The good news is that an understanding of conflict, why it occurs, and how to manage it can help you turn a conflict situation into a positive opportunity for improvement.
- Explain why conflict occurs
- Recognize effective and ineffective ways of handling conflict
- Apply the correct conflict style to use when in various conflict situations
- Apply knowledge of the three stages of conflict to prevent unnecessary escalations
- Explain how listening styles can affect conflict resolution
- Plan for hands-on application steps to practice key skills to deal with conflict situations.
- Recommended forNew and experienced managers and leaders who want to develop or improve their conflict resolution skills.
Purdue University MEP
Leadership, Change Leaders, 1st Level Supervisor
Method of Delivery
Face to Face