Quality is a significant concern of all companies and organizations; to stay in business, companies must offer a quality product or service that meets or exceeds the needs of the customer. All employees, including line workers, technicians, and office workers, affect quality. In this workshop, you'll learn more about what quality is and why it is important.
- Define “quality”. Explain how employees affect quality. Define key quality terms, including QMS, TQM, specification, defect, and variation
- Describe, create, and interpret the following quality tools: process map, run chart, control chart, histogram, check sheet, Pareto chart, fishbone diagram, and scatter diagram
- Describe the purpose of quality audits and explain in general terms the audit process
- List common problem-solving methods.
- Recommended for professionals in the Manufacturing field: who are new to manufacturing or the workforce/desiring to upgrade their workplace skills.
Purdue University MEP
1st Level Supervisor, Operations Team, New Applicants
Method of Delivery
Face to Face