Certificate Program for Practicing Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians
This program is designed for veterinarians and veterinary technicians who want to build inclusive work environments that are welcoming to clients.Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians will earn 9 Continuing Education Credits upon Certificate completion. Online module topics include:
Dr. Jill Muraoka Lim, DVM
OHANA PET HOSPITAL, VENTURA, CALIFORNIA
"After growing up in Hawaii and now living and working in an ethnically and culturally diverse community in southern California, I have experienced both the benefits and challenges of interacting with a markedly diverse population. The Certificate of Diversity Program at Purdue University has provided me with the insight and awareness of unconscious biases and their effect on our behavior. As a practice owner and manager, it has helped me with staff training and mentoring as well as improved communication with and between staff members. I’m proud to say that our hospital celebrates diversity and fosters a culture that is compassionate and accepting."
- The Case for Diversity in Veterinary Medicine
- Diversity Lingo
- History of Diversity in Veterinary Medicine
- Stereotype Threat
- The LGBT Community
- Effective Communication with Spanish-Speaking Clients and Colleagues
- Persons with Disabilities
- Men in Veterinary Medicine
- Generational Diversity
- Affirmative Leadership
- P-12 Engagement
You will also:
Complete and document 3 hours of volunteer community service and submit written reflections about what was learned.
Document participation in 4 pertinent activities each lasting at least one hour, and submit written reflections about what was learned from each activity.
Submit a capstone paper (1-2 pages) on how you will use information from the certificate program to strengthen diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine.
For additional program information email: email@example.com
Get a Group Discount!
Group discounts are available if the entire group is registered and paid for as a cohort. To register a group of 10, 25 or 50 Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians, please download, complete, and return, the appropriate form below:
- Registration Form for Groups of 10 Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians (.docx) ($2,700, a 10% discount)
- Registration Form for Groups of 25 Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians (.docx) ($5,625, a 25% Discount)
- Registration Form for Groups of 50 Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians (.docx) ($7,500, a 50% Discount)
For more registration information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be given. Purdue University is not responsible for expenses incurred due to cancellations.