Avian/Poultry Virus Isolation
Turnaround Time: 4-6 Weeks
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Avian, Chicken, Turkey, Other
Aseptically collect tissues in whirlpak bags. Contact lab for proper tissues to submit.
If sending multiple tissue types, please label container(s) with tissues inside.
Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a viral transport system (examples: Viral Culturette, Becton Dickinson; Universal Transport Medium, Copan Diagnostics). Any bacterial swab system (Amies agar, with or without charcoal) is unacceptable and will not be tested. Dry swabs are not acceptable.
If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Ship specimens overnight with an ice pack. Ship tissues frozen. DO NOT SHIP OVER WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY.
Additional InformationSpecies: All Avian Species
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf