Purdue commencement webcasts to include live captions
May 12, 2015
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University's five West Lafayette campus commencement ceremonies on May 15-17 will be aired live on Comcast Channel 5 and Boiler TV Channel 26.4.
All speeches will be captioned for the hearing impaired. The ceremonies also will be shown live via webcast at the following links:
* Division I – 8 p.m. Friday (May 15): http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/vzqa9
* Division II – 9:30 a.m. Saturday (May 16): http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/kw41i
* Division III – 2 p.m. Saturday (May 16): http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/xam7j
* Division IV – 9:30 a.m. Sunday (May 17): http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/zbakk
* Division V – 2 p.m. Sunday (May 17): http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/t5kvu
Commencement videos will be available for $30 per DVD. Order forms can be obtained at the Loeb Playhouse box office, online at http://www.purdue.edu/commencement/documents/DVD_Form.pdf or by calling 765-494-3933. Forms may be submitted after the ceremony within two weeks of the event.
Live captions will be available during the webcasts for each ceremony at https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=PurdueEvent
The five West Lafayette ceremonies are as follow:
* May 15, 8 p.m. Graduates in the College of Agriculture and School of Management are scheduled to walk the Elliott Hall stage.
* May 16, 9:30 a.m. The colleges of Education, Liberal Arts, and the College of Engineering's schools of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Industrial Engineering will participate.
* May 16, 2 p.m. This ceremony will include the remainder of the College of Engineering.
* May 17, 9:30 a.m. The colleges of Health and Human Sciences, Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine will participate in the 9:30 a.m. ceremony.
* May 17, 2 p.m. The colleges of Science and Technology are scheduled.
Purdue President Mitch Daniels will speak at each ceremony, and each ceremony will have a student responder.
Writer: Jim Bush, 765-494-8221, email@example.com
Source: Scott Stremiecki, video/streaming technician, Broadcast Networks & Services, 765-496-6189, firstname.lastname@example.org