Purdue College of Technology to honor alumni
February 28, 2013
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Fourteen graduates from Purdue University's College of Technology will be recognized during the 2013 alumni awards on Friday (March 1).
The awards are presented to alumni who have harnessed the power of their Purdue degrees to positively impact their chosen professions and have changed how today's technology will improve the world tomorrow.
Distinguished Technology Alumni Award recipients include: Timothy E. Coffey, Irvine, Calif.; Harry "Alex" Coleman, Alpharetta, Ga.; Michael R. Dornhecker, Easton, Pa.; Diana S Ephlin, Fishers, Ind.; and Bradford Lang, Ranchos Palos Verdes, Calif.
Outstanding Technology Alumni Award recipients include: Kyle Bowen, Lafayette, Ind.; Michael Evan Kelly, Delafield, Wis.; David Merrick, Rochester, Ind.; and Scott W. Rench, Windermere, Fla.
Early Career Award recipients include: Travis J. Fuerst, Wenteville, Mo.; Jason D. Harper, Plainfield, Ill.; Shanna M. Morrett, Smyrna, Ga.; Anthony Smith, Indianapolis; and Matthew Young, Arlington, Va.
* Timothy E. Coffey is president of TEC Management Consultants Inc. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in building construction management from Purdue in 1983.
* Alex Coleman is vice president for public sector, government, public safety, and education markets for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering technology from Purdue in 1986.
* Michael R. Dornhecker is senior director of plant operations for Daiichi Sankyo. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership and supervision in 1984.
* Diana S. Ephlin is the vice president for human resources, global manufacturing, and quality, and Elanco Animal Health for Eli Lilly and Co. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in computer and information technology from Purdue in 1983.
* Bradford E. Lang is a captain at Delta Air Lines, flying Boeing 757s and 767s. He earned his bachelor’s degree in aviation technology from Purdue in 1985.Contact: Steven Lincoln, College of Technology communications, 765-494-9201, firstname.lastname@example.org