Chicken Rice Soup
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 can (12.5 ounces) chicken, undrained
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) carrots, drained
- 1 can (about 15 oucnes) green beans, drained
- In large pot, over high heat, combine chicken, celery, onion, pepper, parsley, and water. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 35 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add carrots, green beans, and cooked rice to large pot and heat for 5 minutes over medium heat.