- 3 cups uncooked whole grain macaroni
- 1 onion
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean beef, top round
- 1 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup while cooking wine
- Cook macaroni according to box directions.
- Finely chop onion and place in medium to large skillet. Slice mushrooms and add to skillet. Saute onions and mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes only.
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Add beef to onions and mushrooms and saute beef until cooked all the way through (internal temperature of beef should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit). Turn to brown evely.
- Add yogurt, salt, pepper, nutmeg, basil, and wine to skillet; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
- Serve with macaroni.