Beef Pot Roast
- 3 lb. Beef pot roast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced in quarters
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons water
- Wipe roast with clean, damp cloth to remove juices.
- Place in a slow-cooking pot or heavy skillet with lid.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and onion soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low to medium for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, add vegetables, keep covered.