Baked Lemon Chicken
Yield: Serves 5
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken (skinned and cut into 10 pieces)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 thinly sliced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Lay chicken pieces into a 11x13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
- Combine onions, chicken stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
- Pour hot lemon mixture around chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400°F until golden brown and juices are clear colored.