Classic Fried Catfish
Yield: 4 servings
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish strips
- Vegetable oil
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat catfish with mixture, shaking off excess.
- Fill deep pot or 12-inch skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350oF.
- Add catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes, depending on size.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.