Breakfast Potato Pancakes
Yield: Makes 6 servings, 2 patties per serving.
- Instant mashed potato flakes or granules to make 3 cups prepared potatoes
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) frozen potatoes, thawed and well-drained (O’Brien type potatoes optional)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- A slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare potato flakes to make 3 cups, omitting salt and decreasing liquid by 1/2 cup.
- Combine mashed and O'Brien potatoes, flour, bacon, onion, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix to blend thoroughly.
- Form into 12 patties, about 1/4 cup each.
- Coat lightly with cornmeal.
- Fry patties in lightly oiled non-stick skillet over medium heat until golden, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with applesauce.
Note: You can make the pancake mixture a day in advance. Store in covered container in refrigerator.