Yogurt from Dry Milk
- 4 1/3 cups nonfat dry milk
- 7 cups slightly warm water
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- Mix the nonfat dry milk with 3 cups of the slightly warm water in a 3 quart bowl.
- Add the plain yogurt (store bought or homemade), to the milk and mix.
- Pour the remaining 4 cups of slightly warm water into the yogurt mixture and mix.
- Pour all into one large or several small glass containers, set in a deep pan of warm water that is about 100° to 120°F.
- Set these in a 110°F. oven (test with an oven thermometer)
- Check the consistency in 4 hours. If thick, refrigerate.
- Save a 6 oz portion for your next recipe.
- When ready to serve add your favorite fruit, jam or jelly.