Vanilla Topper from Dry Milk
- ½ tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tbs boiling water
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 to 3 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a 1 ½ qt. mixing bowl dissolve the unflavored gelatin in the boiling water. Stir well then cool to room temperature.
- Add the nonfat dry milk and the cold water. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often while beating.
- Beat until stiff peaks form when the beaters are lifted. Fold in the sugar and vanilla gradually.
- This topper will remain fluffy up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Use as topping on desserts.