Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Yield: Serves 12
- 4 ripe, tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 slices of loaf bread, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil and oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake about 5 to 7 minutes until it begins to brown slightly.
- Remove bread from oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve the tomato mixture in a bowl with a serving spoon and let everyone help themselves, or place some on each slice of bread before serving.