- 1 small onion
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water (or more as necessary)
- Peel onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Cut each tomato in half. Remove the part with the stem. Gently squeeze to remove the seeds.
- Mix breadcrumbs and spices in a separate bowl. Slowly add water to moisten the crumbs. Spoon crumb mixture into the tomato halves.
- Lightly oil baking pan and place tomatoes in the pan with the cut side up.
- Bake at 400º for 15-20 min until tomato is soft.