Skillet Roasted Chicken
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 whole chicken, thawed and washed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove giblets from chicken cavity and reserve for another use. Split chicken down the backbone and place chicken, breast side up, in a large oven-proof skillet or baking pan.
- Brush outside with margarine. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes, until chicken begins to brown.
- Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken, basting the chicken as you pour.
- Continue to roast 45-60 minutes longer until skin is rich, deep brown, and thermometer registers 180°F.