Savory Spinach Soup
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium or large onion, diced
- 1 link cooked smoked sausage (6-7 ounces), diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can spinach (15.5 ounces), drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15.5 ounces), drained
- 1 can corn (15.5 ounces), drained
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and sausage in oil on medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add broth and heat to boiling. Add spinach, tomatoes, and corn. Reduce to simmer; simmer for 5-10 minutes.