Rise and Shine Cobbler
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup peaches (canned, drained and sliced)
- 1 cup pear halves (canned, drained and sliced)
- 6 dried plums/prunes (pitted, cut in half)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange
- 1 cup granola, low-fat
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix peaches, pears, dried plums/prunes, and vanilla extract.
- Rub an orange against a grater to remove 1 teaspoon of orange peel. Then, cut the orange in half and squeeze 1/4 cup orange juice. Add orange peel and juice to fruit mixture. Stir.
- Top with granola.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into 4 bowls and serve warm.
NOTE: Corn flakes, nuts, or other type of crunchy topping can be used instead of granola.