Quick Cauliflower and Chickpea (Garbanzo) Curry
Time-saver recipe: 30-40 minutes or less!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and broken up (can substitute diced tomatoes)
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small flowerets
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- Cooked rice for serving
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Add curry powder and stir well.
- Add vegetables and simmer covered until they are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add chickpeas and heat through.
- Serve over brown basmati rice or regular brown rice.
Note: Other vegetables that work well with the cauliflower are red pepper, green peas, carrots, and spinach. Spinach should be added at the end with the chick peas. Be creative!