Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 6 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Peel and chop onion.
- Chop celery.
- Peel potatoes; dice into small cubes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat.
- Add onions and celery. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- In small bowl, stir together dry milk and flour.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water slowly, stirring as you add it.
- Add the milk mix to the potatoes.
- Cook until soup is heated and slightly thickened.