- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup, or 2 small, grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced (optional; canned chicken or tofu can be substituted)
- 1 cup broccoli, rinsed, chopped, and cooked
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 4 (6 1/2 inch) whole-wheat pitas
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450°F
- For each pizza, spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce on a pita and top with 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup broccoli, 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, and 1/4 tablespoon chopped basil.
- Place pita on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for about 5-8 minutes until golden brown and chicken is heated through. Serve immediately.