Peach Candied Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 1 16-ounce can peach slices (juice pack) OR
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Dash ground cloves
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Wash and Peel sweet potatoes. Cut off woody portions and ends. Cut into1/2-inch slices.
- Cook in large saucepan in lightly salted boiling water about 10 minutes or until just tender; drain and cool.
- Drain peach slices, reserving juice.
- In a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish combine peach slices and potatoes.
- In a small saucepan combine 3 tablespoons reserved peach juice, brown sugar, margarine or butter, and ground cloves.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 1 minute.
- Drizzle over potatoes and peaches.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350oF oven for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes and peaches are glazed, stirring twice.
- Sprinkle pecans or walnuts over sweet potato mixture.