Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16 ounces) package dry lasagna noodles
- 4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sauté onions in the butter until translucent and soft.
- Cook and drain lasagna as per package directions.
- Make potatoes as per package directions for 12 servings.
- Combine the onions with the potatoes.
- Place a layer of noodles over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with cheese and pats of butter.
- Repeat ending with noodles sprinkling top with cheese and butter.
- Bake at 350°F. for 1 hour.