One-pot Lentil Dish
Time-saver recipe: 30-40 minutes or less!
- 1 cup uncooked, rinsed lentils
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups sliced carrots (may substitute with canned carrots, rinsed and drained, but don’t add until the end)
- 1 pound kale, cleaned and chopped (remove stem)
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet onion soup mix, reduced sodium
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Place all ingredients in large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender (about 20 to 30 minutes). Serve.