Yield: serves 5
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 can (15 oz) or 1/4 cup dried beans (navy, great northern, pinto, kidney, garbanzo beans)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen vegetables
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp basil, oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup macaroni
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine beans, broth, onion, garlic, herbs and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add undrained tomato, vegetables and macaroni. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 10-20 min).
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.