Mediterranean Baked Fish
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ lb. Catfish strips
- 1 can (14.5oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Drained capers and/or 12 to 16 pitted black olives or pimento-stuffed
- green olives, sliced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- Rinse the catfish in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the fillets in a 2- to 3-quart baking pan or casserole, folding thin tail ends under to give the fillets even thickness.
- Pour the tomatoes and their juice over the fish.
- Sprinkle with capers and/or olives, followed by the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the fish uncovered in the heated oven until just opaque in center, 20 to 25 minutes for fillets about 1 inch thick. (The pan juices are tasty poured over rice, orzo or couscous.)