Hearty Ham and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 8 oz
- 1 can (15 oz) (navy, great northern, pinto, black)
- 1/2 pound cut-up ham
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 tsp basil, oregano, garlic
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups or 16 oz can (any combination of carrots, potatoes, celery, corn)
- Pour water and undrained beans in a saucepan and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 1 hour or until beans and vegetables are tender.
- Chop meat and add to soup. Add salt, pepper and seasonings to taste.