November 7, 2013
Purdue Extension educators honored with annual awards
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Indiana Extension Educators Association presented annual awards Thursday (Nov. 7) to county educators during a luncheon at the Purdue Extension's Professional Development Conference.
Awards and recipients are:
Agricultural and Natural Resources
* Individual: Kenneth Eck of Dubois County for the Southern Indiana Pork Conference.
* Career: Dave Redman of Lawrence County.
* Team: Andrea Brown (Carroll) and Tamara Ogle (Cass) for Cow Calf Series.
Economic and Community Development
*Individual: Annette Lawler of Harrison County for Southern Indiana Communities Active in Disaster.
Health and Human Sciences
*Individual: Bethany Daugherty of Lawrence County for Live Well Lawrence County.
* Career: Reba Colley of Clark County.
4-H Youth Development
* Bob Amick: Melissa Merida of Floyd County for Ready on the 4-H Set/Science Filmmaking Workshop.
* Individual: Carla Kidwell of Warrick County for Warrick County Youth Scholarship Program.
* Hans Schmitz of Gibson County for the Farmer to Farmer Program: Food Security/Ethiopia.
* Cindy Barber of Daviess County for Reality Language for All.
Cooperative Extension Service Team
* Kelly Heckaman (Kosciusko), Amy Nierman (Jackson), Jeff Pell (Hendricks), Hans Schmitz (Gibson) and Shannon Franklin (Ohio) for the Indiana Dairy Youth Conference.
Writer: Jennifer Piotrowski, 765-494-8402, email@example.com
Source: Jason Henderson, associate dean of the College of Agriculture and Extension director, 765-494-8489, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to journalists: Photos of the award recipients will be available at http://www.ag.purdue.edu/extension/awards/.