Our goal at PACADA is to:
- Promote the highest quality Academic Advising at Purdue University
- Create professional development opportunities for advisors and other Purdue Staff
- Act as an advocate for advising professionals at Purdue University
Academic Advising has never been more important in the lives of Purdue students and more broadly, college students. In recent years, more emphasis has been placed on advisors assisting students in areas OUTSIDE of the classroom like Mental Health and Career Counseling. For many students, their Academic Advisor is their first connection to the university. Purdue is no different. Because of this, it is vital for the success of our students that PACADA continue to build on its legacy to support and develop its members and Academic Advising.
At PACADA, we are not just Academic Advisors, our membership currently includes individuals from orientation, admissions, counseling, financial aid, wellness, the Registrar, Student Success, the Dean of Students, and many others.
As the new PACADA Chair, I enter the position with a tremendous appreciation for the work that Advisors and other Purdue staff do. I look forward to working with each and every one of you. As I take over for Jaclyn Palm, three principles will guide me:
- Students and improving their experience will always be put first.
- What we do matters in the lives of the students, faculty, and staff of Purdue University.
- Our voice and the first-hand experiences we have with students is integral to student success and will not be lost on Purdue University decisions ; Specifically, those that affect students.
We are very excited for the coming year and for all of the opportunities afforded to Purdue Advisors and University staff. Be sure to click on the Calendar link above to find out more!
The time to join PACADA has never been better. We are at a major precipice in the world of Academic Advising in Higher Education and I am excited to have you with us!
I look forward to a great year,
John Pearson, Senior Academic Advisor
School of Mechanical Engineering
PACADA Chair, 2020-2021
The purpose of the Purdue Academic Advising Association (PACADA) is to promote the quality of academic advising at Purdue University, and to this end, it is dedicated to the support and professional growth of academic advising and advisors. PACADA serves its constituency – faculty members, administrators, counselors, academic advisors, graduate students, and others in academic and student affairs concerned with the intellectual, personal, and vocational needs of students. It is the forum for discussion, debate, and the exchange of ideas regarding academic advising with other areas and activities of higher education. PACADA is the representative and advocate of academic advising and academic advisors of Purdue University.