Connect to the Purdue Home Page

Purdue University

Identity and Access Management


Splitting: Where relationships for two people have one PUID

You need to split when when you find that relationships for two different people have been incorrectly identified as being for one person.

Start by displaying the relationship(s) for the PUID to be dropped, on the Purdue Person Display page. Decide which relationship(s) to keep with this PUID, and which relationship(s) to split off to a new PUID. It is easier to split off a single relationship to a new PUID than to let a single relationship keep the old PUID and split off multiple relationships to a new PUID. This process may require cooperation among system users who have different update capabilities for the PUID system.

On the Purdue Person Display page, click the "Delete" link next to the (first) relationship to be split off to the new PUID, and then verify that you wish to delete this relationship. This will delete the relationship from this PUID, and put the information into a Suspense record.

From here, the merge process is much like processing any suspense entry.

Open up the Purdue Person - Process Suspended Records page for the relationship which was deleted. This list will have an entry with today's date, showing information for the relationship which was deleted.

Click on the name link to show the matches, and then click the link to "Add as a New Person to the People database."

It is possible that the relationship being split off belongs to a different person already in the PUID database -- sort of a combination Split / Merge. If that is the case, the "person already in the PUID database" should show up on the Purdue Person - Process Suspended Records page. If so, click that name to display the Purdue Person - Suspense Match Details page, and add or update the relationship to that person.

Feedback | Contact Purdue
Maintained by: IAMO Team

Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600
© 2010 - 2013 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints
If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact the CSC at or (765) 494-4000.