The Nursing Nexus Learning Community introduces first-year students to the nursing culture and promotes a service-learning environment. Fun activities in a supportive academic setting helps students form friendships that will last throughtout their academic career. Students have the option of living together as a residential community which is especially helpful for students enrolling from out of state. Designed for first-year nursing students, Nursing Nexus participants enroll in BIOL 20300, NUR 10800 and ENGL 10600 together as a cohort. Tailored assignments and access to experienced nurses help students form connections and prepare them for the rest of their college career and their future profession in nursing.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the School of Nursing in the College of Health and Human Sciences
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in Harrison Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2013 Semester
Fall – BIOL 20300, NUR 10800, ENGL 10600
Events and Activities Included:
- Meet and greet dinner
- Movie night
- Fleece blankets for nurse managed clinics
- Low ropes course
- Cake decorating class
- Periodic meals with faculty
- Purdue Convocation events
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.