Nominations sought for Rose Awards, Helen B. Schleman Gold Medallion
The Barbara Cook Chapter of Mortar Board is accepting nominations for the Rose Awards and the Helen B. Schleman Gold Medallion through March 5.
The Rose Awards are presented to members of the clerical or service staff at Purdue who always go above and beyond the call of duty. Up to a dozen honorees receive a dozen roses in a surprise tribute at their workplace.
The Helen B. Schleman Gold Medallion honors the legacy of Dean Helen B. Schleman, who served as dean of women from 1947 to 1968. The award is presented to a deserving faculty member or administrator for his or her contributions to Purdue, especially in the promotion and advancement of women students and women’s issues.
Selection criteria for the Helen B. Schleman Gold Medallion are:
* Has contributed significantly to the promotion and advancement of women students and women’s issues.
* Has served at least five years at Purdue as a faculty member or administrator.
* Has provided leadership and service within and beyond the University community.
* Lives by the characteristics of a scholar, leader, and servant.
* Exemplifies the principles of leadership, scholarship and service.
More information and nomination forms can be found at www.getinvolved.purdue.edu/Community?action=getSurveys&orgID=500. For more information, e-mail Susie Holtsclaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.