Global Science Partnerships
Science in the 21st century addresses questions of worldwide significance and takes place in more places than ever before. The Global Science Partnerships Learning Community, open to first-year College of Science students, positions you at the forefront of this movement. You will learn from and make connections with students from around the world by living together and participating in monthly dinners, cultural activities, and service projects. You will also be introduced to the scientific challenges and human predicaments facing Purdue scientists in their pursuit of global collaborations in SCI 19500, the College of Science Global Science Leadership Seminar, a 1-credit course. College of Science students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this Learning Community with the Women in Science Learning Community housed in Earhart Hall.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the College of Science
- This LC is not available to Honors College participants
- REQUIRED in Earhart Hall
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – SCI 19500
Events and Activities
- Monthly dinners with LC participants
- Social dinners with College of Science faculty
- Study groups
- Halloween community service project
- Trip to Exploration Acres Corn Maze
Information above subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.