Are you interested in animals? Considering a career involving animal production? This is the Learning Community for you! As a member of this LC, you will broaden your awareness and knowledge of opportunities and challenges involved in animal industries. Outside the classroom activities will enhance your in-class academic content. Visits to the Animal Sciences Research and Education Center and educational excursions such as field trips to Fair Oaks Dairy and Pig Adventures, Calf Land and the Farm at Prophetstown Draft Horse clinic provide hands-on learning. Social activities and service-learning experiences (such as Boo at the Zoo, Almost Home Humane Shelter, and Purdue Dance Marathon) enable you to meet other students with animal-related majors and interests. Apply for the Animalia LC and join other animal enthusiasts exploring the world of animal-related careers!
- First-time beginning students in the College of Agriculture
- First-time beginning students in the Veterinary Technology Program
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live in Shreve Hall with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC.
- OPTIONAL in Harrison Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester
Fall – ANSC 10200, COM 11400, BIOL 11000
Events and Activities Included:
- Welcome picnic
- Swine and dairy industry tour
- Night with the Wolves at Wolf Park
- Exam review sessions
- Volunteering at County Fair and Horse Pull
- Periodic meals with faculty members
- Coffee house discussions
- Community service project Boo at the Zoo
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.