Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Our lab is part of the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS). To learn more about research labs and clinic areas in SLHS, go to the SLHS Research and Clinics page.
For more information on SLHS academic programs, please go to the SLHS Undergraduate Program page or learn more about SLHS Graduate Programs.
The SLHS Department is located in Lyles-Porter Hall. A list of the facilities within Lyles-Porter Hall can be found here.
There are many students organizations in SLHS including:
- NSSLHA - the Purdue chapter of the National Student Speech, Language and Hearing Association
- SAA - Purdue Student Academy of Audiology
- PLA - the Purdue Linguistics Association
Go to the SLHS Student Organizations page to learn more.
Here are some resources that may help students learn more:
- ASHA - American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- ASHA Foundation - opportunities for student scholarships and research grants
- Purdue Writing Lab - get help writing papers or applications
- Purdue Libraries - best place to start to find research articles
- A great resource is the list of databases of journal articles (such as Science Direct)
- PubMed - a great resource for finding research articles
You can also check out the Purdue SLHS Facebook page to learn more about what is going on in the department!