Global Affairs serves as the key point of contact for connecting Purdue to the rest of the world, and will foster and coordinate university-level global initiatives and programs, in close partnership with Colleges, Departments, Centers and Programs, to advance the University’s global affairs vision and strategic goals.
Through strategic partnerships and externally funded programs, global initiatives will advance the University’s education, research and engagement programs and extend the University’s global impact and reputation. Focused multidisciplinary global programs will provide enriching experiences for students, faculty and staff, attract top talent from around the world, extend the impact of research and educational innovations, develop and apply expertise for addressing societal/global-scale problems, enable corporate partnerships, and inform policy on national and global issues.
- Contribute to the enrichment of the student learning and growth experience through exposure to immersive international experiences
- Attract top talent, including a diverse body of students and international scholars, and help integrate with campus and community
- Increased exposure to policy experiences for students, and enhanced projection of Purdue research to inform global policy-making
- Coalesce campus global efforts around major strengths (security, health, sustainability, nanotech, novel STEM education,...) to make significant, differentiated impact in selected regions
- Extend the impact of research and educational innovations through international collaborations and responsible access to topics/samples/data in various regions
- Improve lives and livelihoods by developing and applying Purdue expertise in addressing societal/global-scale problems requiring multidisciplinary, multifaceted approaches, in partnership with higher education partners, companies and international alumni
- Advance Indiana’s economic, intellectual, social and cultural climate