This class describes how to change a die and explains proper setup procedures for die setting.
- Define die setting
- List the information on the press specification plate
- Describe the proper use of the safety block during die setting
- Explain preparations for removing the die assembly
- Describe how to loosen the die assembly
- Explain preparations for installing a new die
- Describe how to install pressure pins
- Describe how to select die installation bolts
- Describe how to select the proper clamps
- Describe how to install the new die
- Describe how to center the new die
- Explain common methods for shut height adjustment
- Describe how to adjust shut height when the die set does not have a shank
- Describe how to adjust shut height when the die set has a shank
- Describe how to install the clamping devices for the die assembly
- Describe how to complete a clamping device installation
- Explain the purpose of the knockout bar
- Describe how to set counterbalance air pressure
- Describe how to test the new die.
- Recommended for tool and die makers and designers, die engineers, sheet metal product designers, sheet metal product release engineers, operators, managers, purchasing, stamping manufacturers, plant managers, and anyone who is a practitioner of formability measurements for formability improvement.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code