This class provides an overview of safety procedures for the press brake, including a description of how to adjust pullback cables.
- Describe the importance of press brake safety
- Describe the proper attire for press operators
- Describe appropriate eye and ear protection for press operators
- Identify common safeguarding devices used on the press brake
- Describe pullbacks and holdouts for the press brake
- Describe the procedure for setting up Possons pullback cables
- Describe how to adjust the multiplier with Possons cables
- Describe how to check the length for Possons cables
- Describe how to adjust Possons cables using the adjusting plate
- Describe how to adjust Possons cables using the cable adjusting handle
- Describe how to adjust cable length for safeguard pullback cables
- Describe how to adjust cable travel for safeguard pullback cables
- Describe how to inspect pullback cables before beginning a press brake operation
- List types of handling tools used near the press brake
- Describe the procedure for lockout/tagout
- List basic controls used on the press brake
- Describe the proper method for inspecting a press brake work area
- Describe the proper method for inspecting a press brake
- Describe the steps for performing a dry run on the press brake.
- Recommended for tool and die makers and designers, die engineers, sheet metal product designers, sheet metal product release engineers, operators, managers, purchasing, stamping manufacturers, plant managers, and anyone who is a practitioner of formability measurements for formability improvement.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code