This class describes SAW and how to make a submerged arc weld.
- Describe SAW
- Distinguish between CC and CV electrical power for SAW
- Distinguish between AC, DCEP, and DCEN electrode polarities for SAW
- Distinguish between single arc, parallel electrodes, and tandem arc
- Describe the effects of operating variables for submerged arc welds
- Describe the effects of operating variables for multiple-electrode submerged arc welds
- Describe circumferential submerged arc welds
- Describe the selection of flux-electrode combinations
- Identify flux-electrode classifications
- Describe proper storage and handling for SAW flux
- Describe the setup stage of making a submerged arc weld
- Describe the operation stage of making a submerged arc weld
- Describe the adjustment of operating variables during SAW
- Describe the post-operation stage of making a submerged arc weld
- Describe porosity caused by contamination
- Describe porosity caused by the process.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel, including engineers, technicians and managers, particularly handling welding operations.
New Applicants, Operations team, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code