This class covers various options for preparing surfaces before the application of a coating. The class also addresses the nature of common surfaces.
- Describe a surface
- Identify the benefits of surface preparation
- Describe the nature of a metal surface
- Describe the nature of a plastic surface
- Describe alkaline cleaning
- Describe different solvent and acid cleaning strategies
- Describe mechanical preparation involving abrasives
- Describe various mass finishing methods
- Describe manual preparation method
- Distinguish between different metallurgical surface preparation methods
- Describe conversion coating
- Describe plasma treatment
- Describe corona discharge treatment
- Describe flame etching
- Describe surface rinsing
- Describe methods of testing the effectiveness of surface preparation
- Describe surface preparation variables
- Describe storing parts with prepared surfaces.
- Recommended for manufacturing personnel & supervisors handling the finishing & coating operations of a product.
New Applicants, Operations teams, 1st level supervisor
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code