Confined space hazards are caused by the material in the confined space, the activity carried out in the space, and the external environment. OSHA requires a permit for entering any confined space with an additional hazard. Confined spaces pose a safety hazard for employees. Employers must develop a written permit-required confined space program and train and certify all permit space entrants. Training should discuss the specific types of confined spaces and hazards employees will encounter at their worksite. Entrants must wear proper PPE and use specialized equipment that does not cause additional hazards. After taking this class, the user should be able to describe OSHA regulations and best practices for performing work safely in a confined space.
- Describe characteristics of confined spaces
- Identify causes of confined space hazards
- Identify types of general confined space hazards
- Identify types of physical confined space hazards
- Identify types of atmospheric confined space hazards
- Describe characteristics of permit-required confined spaces
- Describe a confined space entry permit
- Describe requirements of a permit space entry program
- Describe training requirements for permit space entry
- Identify the duties of the authorized entrant
- Identify the duties of the authorized attendant
- Identify the duties of the entry supervisor
- Describe the training requirements for a confined space entry rescue team
- Describe proper work practices for permit space entry
- Describe equipment requirements for confined spaces.
- Recommended for all personnel in the manufacturing workplace.
New Applicants, Operations teams, 1st level supervisors,Leadership
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code