This class describes the elements that go into effective product design. It identifies key concepts for geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and explains the use of computer aided design.
- Describe product development
- Explain quality function deployment
- Describe failure mode and effects analysis
- Describe patents
- Explain copyright rules
- Define terms associated with product liability
- Describe concurrent engineering
- Describe design for manufacture
- Describe product design
- Distinguish between third- and first-angle projection
- Identify ways to reference dimensions in part drawings
- Define terms associated with tolerancing
- Distinguish between types of tolerance
- Distinguish between types of fit
- Identify common surface finishing symbols
- Identify methods of CAD geometric modeling
- Describe rapid prototyping.
- Recommended for engineers in R&D working towards design/simulation/testing of products.
New Applicants, 1st level supervisors
Method of Delivery
If you are in WHIN region, contact your HR for a coupon code