Builds on the basic principles of QUAL 101 with advanced techniques by industry to ensure economic production of goods based on defect prevention rather than defect detection. Covers the various decisions to modify, change or adjust the process based on statistical evidence. Stresses interpretation of statistical data and distinguishing between common and special causes of problems. Emphasizes appropriate use of control charts, trend analysis, assessing process and machine capability, evaluating the measurement process, using computers, and implementation techniques.
- Create and interpret control charts using statistical analysis to identify "Out of Control" patterns
- Analyze data using Special Process Control procedures (i.e., CUSUM charts, EWMA, SPC for short runs)
- Perform evaluations and analyses of measurement systems using automatic data collectors
- Perform capability studies to include calculation and interpretation of capability indices, process improvement techniques, and case study analysis
- Develop procedures for implementing and maintaining successful SPC programs
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret technical documents
- Demonstrate ability to use various types of software applicable to course.
- PREREQUISITES: QUAL 102 Statistical Process Control.
Method of Delivery
Online or In-Person