A study of the strategic supply chain concepts included in the field of logistics and supply chain management. Topics covered include: supply chain strategy, planning and design, customer service, transportation, purchasing, forecasting, inventory and warehouse management. Also discussed are global supply chain management, managing supply chain risk and financial control of logistics performance.
- Summarize the procedures and issues involved in supply chain strategy and planning and designing the supply chain network
- Discuss the impact of logistics on customer service
- Define the role and techniques of order processing and information systems in the supply chain
- Distinguish the basic concepts and characteristics of the different modes of transportation
- Discuss the importance and characteristics of purchasing to a business and within the entire supply chain network
- Apply techniques and methods involved in effective inventory management, warehouse management, and materials handling
- Apply techniques to maintain financial control and measurement of logistics performance
- Understand supply chain risks and barriers
- Apply Total Quality Manage to the Supply Chain
- Apply techniques and methods involved in effective global supply chain management.
Method of Delivery
Online or In-Person