Certificate Program for Faculty and Faculty Administrators at Colleges/Schools of Veterinary Medicine
This program is designed for faculty and faculty administrators who want to build inclusive work and learning environments at their educational institutions. Faculty and Faculty Administrators who are veterinarians or veterinary technicians will earn 9 Continuing Education Credits upon Certificate completion. Online module topics include:
Dr. Ronnie Elmore
Faculty, Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine
"The Certificate for Diversity and Inclusion in Veterinary Medicine program offered by Purdue University is both very informative and fun. I have learned much by completing the modules and required activities. I believe strongly that every veterinary educator and every officer in our national and state organizations should complete this well written, self-paced program. I congratulate and thank all who made this certificate program possible."
- The Case for Diversity in Veterinary Medicine
- Diversity Lingo
- History of Diversity in Veterinary Medicine
- Stereotype Threat
- The LGBT Community
- Effective Communication with Spanish-Speaking Clients and Colleagues
- Persons with Disabilities
- Men in Veterinary Medicine
- Generational Diversity
- Affirmative Leadership
- P-12 Engagement
- Helping Students Plan their Future
You will also:
Complete and document 3 hours of volunteer community service and submit written reflections about what was learned.
Document participation in 4 pertinent activities each lasting at least one hour, and submit written reflections about what was learned from each activity.
Submit a capstone paper (1-2 pages) on how you will use information from the certificate program to strengthen diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine.
For additional program information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a Group Discount!
Group discounts are available if the entire group is registered and paid for as a cohort. To register a group of 10, 25 or 50 faculty and faculty administrators, please download, complete, and return, the appropriate form below:
- Registration Form for Groups of 10 Faculty and Administrators (.docx) ($2,700, a 10% discount)
- Registration Form for Groups of 25 Faculty and Administrators (.docx) ($5,625, a 25% Discount)
- Registration Form for Groups of 50 Faculty and Administrators (.docx) ($7,500, a 50% Discount)
For more registration information, contact us at email@example.com. Refunds will not be given. Purdue University is not responsible for expenses incurred due to cancellations.