Porcine Enteric Coronavirus Multiplex PCR Screen (PEDV, PDCoV, TGE)
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
5 - 10 grams
Leakproof container or WhirlPack
SWABS: Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a viral transport system (examples: Viral Culturette, Becton Dickinson; Universal Transport Medium, Copan Diagnostics) or in a sterile, leakproof tube with 0.5 ml sterile saline/PBS. Any bacterial swab system (Amies agar, with or without charcoal) is unacceptable and will not be tested. Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
FECES - Ensure container is securely sealed. Double bag all diarrhea samples to contain any leaks.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
ORAL FLUID - Ensure container is securely sealed and labeled.
Additional InformationIncludes PEDV, PDCoV, and TGE.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf