Coxiella burnetii PCR
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1-4 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Bovine, Caprine, Ovine, Ruminant
Placenta w/ cotyledons
5 - 10 grams
2 - 5 ml
PLACENTA: Only cotyledonary placenta will harbor organisms, NOT amnion or allantois.
SWABS: Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a sterile, leakproof tube with 0.5 ml sterile saline/PBS.
Refrigerate specimens until ship.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
Additional InformationThis test can be added by request to the ruminant (bovine, ovine, caprine) abortion panels - see Ruminant Abortion C3B Multiplex PCR (Chlamydia and Brucella).
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf