Avian Paramyxovirus-1 PCR Matrix (Newcastle Disease)
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Avian, Chicken, Turkey
Swabs (species appropriate)
See link below
For specifics on sample collection, please read the article from USDA Avian Sample Collection for Influenza A and Newcastle Disease. Please follow these guidelines and submit samples in the appropriate broth. Indicate the sample pooling method used on the submission form.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leak proof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
BULK - Please include bulk material inside the shipping box to prevent samples from moving or being crushed during transit (loose glass blood tube and an ice pack will always break).
Additional InformationFor increased avian mortalities where Newcastle Disease is concerned, please contact the ADDL and Indiana Board of Animal Health as soon as possible and before submitting.
Positive samples on the PMV-1 Matrix PCR will be tested for Virulent Newcastle Disease (vND) formerly known as Exotic Newcastle Disease (END). Positive samples for vND will be forwarded to NVSL for confirmation.
Also available as part of the Avian Respiratory PCR Panel (ILT, MS, MG, NDV)
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf